- Year of construction
- Broccolini Construction Inc.
Photos: Stéphane Brügger
This residence of Neo-Tudor style was erected in the late 19th century on the shores of the Lake of Two Mountains in the West Island of Montreal.
The architects, brothers Edward and William S. Maxwell, were extremely popular at the time, their names associated with one of the most significant periods in Canada's history. The house is located in what is designated today as the Senneville Historic District Burrough, where there are more than 80 buildings constructed between 1860 and 1930 by a small number of architects and landscapers. These bear exemplary witness to the Arts and Crafts movement and landscape art at its best, and have been largely preserved until today.
Situated on a peninsula, the three-storey villa was entirely renovated while retaining its original character, taking advantage of its spectacular location, and making it more consistent with a contemporary lifestyle. Elements, added in the 20th century, were demolished to make way for an expansion of the ground floor. Living areas, located here, are completely open to the surrounding landscape. The annex, with carefully chosen lines and pure and refined materials, is respectful of the century-old building. A four-car underground garage has also been added to the house.