Senior Technical Architect
Montréal or Ottawa
Figurr Collective of Architects is currently seeking a senior technical architect with over 15 years of experience in engineering design.
- Professional degree in architecture or architectural technology with at least 20 years of experience (10 years minimum in North America);
- In-depth knowledge of design and construction principles, particularly with respect to the building envelope;
- Strong level of expertise in the design of technical details;
- In-depth knowledge of building codes and standards;
- Experience in site supervision and construction administration;
- Experience in providing cost estimates;
- Knowledge of and interest in sustainable development, integrated design and various certification programs;
- Good knowledge of Revit;
- Autonomy and versatility;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Capacity to work on multiple projects (organizational skills);
- Interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Spoken and written language: French (strong command of the language, writing skills, comprehension). Bilingual (English), an asset.
The successful candidate will be a technical design expert who will play a key support role on the multiple teams of each project. A significant amount of the candidate's time will be spent as an integral part of these teams where the scope and complexity of the project requires a high level of technical attention, or as a technical advisor, as needed, to other architects or technicians for the development of smaller projects. In addition, the role will include keeping the Figurr team up to date on best practices, construction technology and applicable industry codes and regulations.
The Senior Technical Architect’s workload includes, but is not limited to, the following activities :
- Design the technical construction details for complex and/or large scale projects;
- Assist, on a case-by-case basis, other architects or technicians in the design of technical construction details for smaller projects, usually in the form of one-on-one consultation or review of technical documentation in progress;
- Support or advise site supervisors in resolving any construction issues encountered;
- Participate or assist other team members in the execution of interdisciplinary technical coordination activities;
- Participate in quality control activities;
- Participate in training activities (courses, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, etc.), identify events of interest, and encourage the participation of other team members;
- Contribute to staff training activities by sharing acquired knowledge and best practices;
- Become proficient with construction documentation technologies (REVIT, building envelope analysis programs, etc.) Work closely with the BIM Manager and BIM operators to optimize the use of these programs for project documentation development;
- Assist management in evaluating current overall expertise and make recommendations to maintain and improve the level of technical knowledge for the entire Figurr team.
- Full-time position, 37.5 hours/week
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance plan after 3 months
- Opportunity for a hybrid work schedule
- Employer-paid professional contribution after 1 year
- Paid training and professional development
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please forward your resume, including references and a brief portfolio (pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only applicants under consideration will be contacted.