Intermediate Architectural Technologist
Montréal or Ottawa
Starting date: immediately
Figurr Architects Collective is an award-winning, medium-sized architectural design practice, with offices in Ottawa and Montreal. We are looking for a talented & experienced Intermediate Architectural Technologist to join our growing office.
The successful candidate will be an expert in site management and will assume a key support role with the project teams. They will be an integral part of the project team and will collaborate on the development of complex technical construction details. The intermediate technologist will act as a technical advisor on smaller projects on an as-needed basis.
Their work may include but is not limited to:
- Surveying existing conditions,
- Product/material/construction method research,
- Technical drawings,
- Cost estimating,
- Writing technical specifications,
- Participate in site follow-up activities.
- College diploma in architectural technique;
- 5 to 10 years experience (minimum of 5 years experience in North America);
- In-depth knowledge of design and construction principles, particularly with regard to building envelope,
- Strong expertise in the design of technical details,
- In-depth knowledge of building standards and codes,
- Experience in site supervision and construction administration,
- Experience in cost estimation,
- Knowledge of and interest in sustainable development, integrated design and various certification programs,
- Good knowledge of REVIT,
- Autonomy and versatility,
- Ability to work in a team,
- Ability to work on several projects (organizational skills),
- Relational skills and leadership,
- Bilingual, an asset.
- 37.5 hours/week
- Competitive salary
- Access to the group insurance plan after 3 months (cost-shared between the employer and the employee)
- Employer-paid professional contribution after 1 year
- Employer-paid training and development
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please forward your resume, including references and a brief portfolio (pdf format) to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only applicants under consideration will be contacted.