Ottawa or Montréal
Figurr Architects Collective is currently seeking an intermediate architect with at least five years of technical design experience.
The successful candidate will assume a key role with the project teams. In a significant proportion of his or her time, he or she will be an integral part of project teams, when the scale and complexity will require high and sustained technical attention or will act as a technical advisor on a more ad hoc basis. with other architects or technicians for the development of smaller projects.
More specifically, but not limited to, the following activities will be part of the workload of the intermediate architect:
- Design technical construction details for complex and / or large-scale projects;
- Assist, on a case-by-case basis, other architects or technicians in the design of technical construction details for smaller projects, generally in the form of person-to-person consultation or the revision of technical documentation in progress;
- Support or advise site supervisors in solving construction problems encountered;
- Participate or assist other team members in the execution of interdisciplinary technical coordination activities;
- Participate in activities relating to quality control;
- Participate in training activities (courses, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, etc.), report events of interest, stimulate the participation of other team members;
- Become familiar with construction documentation technologies (REVIT, building envelope analysis programs, etc.). Work closely with the BIM manager and BIM operators to optimize the use of these programs for the production of project documentation;
- Professional degree in architecture with at least 5 years of experience;
- In-depth knowledge of design and construction principles, particularly with regard to the building envelope;
- Strong expertise in contract administration and drafting of contractual documents;
- In-depth knowledge of building standards and codes;
- Experience in site supervision and construction administration;
- Experience in cost estimation;
- Knowledge of and interest in sustainable development, integrated design and various certification programs;
- Good knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop and SketchUp;
- Autonomy and versatility;
- Ease of working in a team;
- Ability to work on several projects (organizational capacity);
- Relational and leadership skills;
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Full-time position, 37.5 hours / week
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance plan after 3 months
- Professional contribution paid by the employer after 1 year
- Training and development paid by the employer
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please forward your resume, including references and a brief portfolio (pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only applicants under consideration will be contacted.