Figurr Architects Collective is an award-winning, medium-sized architectural design practice, with offices in Ottawa and Montreal. We are looking for a talented & experienced Project Architect to join our growing Ottawa studio.
The successful candidate will contribute their outstanding skills to the design and construction of a variety of project types. The candidate must have an excellent understanding of the design and management of architectural projects. They will work closely with Partners, associates, and architects in a collaborative studio environment to execute design ideas, the projects’ developments and provide mentorship and to lead project teams at all phases of the projects.
- As part of larger team, work directly with Partners or Associates or lead various large-scale projects;
- Manages design process for entire project, including as interface with our internal team and outside consultants;
- Manages other design and technical team members during the implementation of design to ensure clarity and quality of concept is maintained through detail level;
- Contribute to the successful development of the projects’ BIM model to ensure quality in design and technical resolution;
- Monitors project budget and schedule related to design team efforts;
- The successful candidate will work on various project types and at various scales as a member of larger teams and as the lead on smaller-scale projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design development, construction drawings, and contract administration;
- Ability to manage projects through the early municipal planning process;
- Thorough knowledge of building systems and detailing, to develop and coordinate contract documents and document checking;
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, and SketchUp;
- Strong understanding of the OBC;
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and on multiple projects;
- Self-motivated, well organized, with a demonstrated passion for design excellence;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- The position is within our Ottawa Studio, but will also accommodate hybrid work opportunities.
- Full-time position, 37.5 hours/week
- Competitive salary
- Access to a group insurance plan after 3 months
- Employer-paid professional contribution after 1 year
- Employer-paid training and development
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please forward your resume, including references and a brief portfolio (pdf format) to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only applicants under consideration will be contacted.